Mar 17, 2005

What/Why "Kool K@ Nip"???

Good questions. Both of them. How do I begin. Well... At the beginning. Sort of.

I have a friend who recently moved from here in beautiful BC (Vancouver) to St. John NB. He had always sent me the funniest/wittiest emails I'd ever seen. Just stories about himself and his family.

When he left the company and picked up stakes to move all the way across the country, I begged him to keep the emails coming. Actually, I had suggested to him when he still was here in Vancouver to take up Stand-Up Comedy à-la-Seinfeld. He continued to send me updates on how family life was in the deep-freeze and I continued to laugh.

One day, he decided to start a blog. It just started a month or two back but I'll tell you. I've been reading his posts every week. Funny little stories. If you're interested you can take a read at http://rileypix.blogspot.com/. The most recent two, "To Serve and Protect the Parking Lot" and "Sometimes I Am a Smartass" are really funny.

So now... what is KATHRYN doing? Is she crazy? (Yes, of course - but you already knew that).

Kool K@ Nip is my first Blog-site.

What's in a name? You ask. Riddle me this you logical/engineering types.

K K N + ool @ IP = "Kool K@ NIP" (pronounced KoolKatNip)

Get it? Got it? GOOD! On to the background on the name itself.

When I was in grade 6, I changed schools. Everyone had trouble spelling my name so the teacher (and some of the students) asked if they could call me Kathy. I thought it would be a short-term thing. Yeah. Right. It lasted right through until I graduated high-school.

When I started work, email became my new nightmare. People kept spelling my name "KathEryn" and the email would never get to me. So, I would say to them, "Just type KAT HUNT, you'll find me". And yet again, a nickname stuck.

Cats have been a part of my life for ages. Cats I've lived with: Pumpkin, Pepper, Tiger, Princess, and Flower. Also, Gringo, Chi(-Chi), (Barra)Cuda, Nibs, and Puffin have been around me more indirectly when I was younger. So (logically) has catnip. You can do the math on how I came up with the rest of the name.

As to why I'm doing this... Well... Yes... I do tend to travel a lot. (Mostly for work but then again not ALL the time. Disneyland in February was LOTS of fun!!!) People ask me what I did on my trips. I love to tell them. But, I undoubtably forget to tell some key piece to one person and some other tidbit to another person. No one seems to get the whole story. I used to write a "Dear Travel Diary" that I would email to friends. Why not POST the information for you to see whenever YOU want to. Maybe even a picture or two.

Well, that's it for me on my first/introductory post on my Kool K@ Nip blog. My next one will probably be a posting of all of my previous "Dear Travel Diaries". C U SOON!

No comments: