Apr 29, 2005

A Whole New Language

HELLO! My name is Kathryn and this is my fiancé Richard!

It's been a month (well almost) since the whirlwind trip to Europe and Rich's proposal. It's amazing how much has changed in that month. What I find really cool is the whole new set of words that we are using and that others are using around us:

- Proposal

- Engagement

- Fiancé(e)

- Affianced

- Betrothed

- Wedding Date

- Reception

- Ceremony

- Ring

- Bridal Gown

- Tuxedos

- Flowers

- Showers

- Best Man

- Maid of Honour

- Registered at ______

- Wedding Planner (aka my Fairy Godmother)

- Catering

- _____ of the Bride

- _____ of the Groom

- etc...

Well, not cool necessarily. Maybe a little disconcerting. It's like a whole new language that I'd never spoken or really understood before.

OK. So, now I'll throw in some details for those of you wanting to know specifics. Obviously, things are FINALIZED or anything but SAVE THE DATE!!!! ;) This is a 6.5 month warning.

CEREMONY

WHO: Richard D. Webster to marry Kathryn L. Hunt

WHEN: Saturday October 22nd, 1.30pm

WHERE: Holy Rosary Cathedral

Maid of Honour: Sandra Trace

Best Man: James Anderson

Now to answer some of the questions I've been asked recently:

  1. Yes. I will be changing my last name. (Goodbye "first initial + last name" jokes/giggles around the office - YAY!)
  2. Yes. My dress has a bit of a train. (Not much but a little)
  3. Yes. We are considering buying a place to call home (timing is not decided as yet)
  4. No. We're not going to dance at our reception
  5. No. We're not going to have a full dinner reception. We're looking at having an afternoon tea.
  6. Yes. There will be music. VERY SPECIAL LIVE MUSIC
  7. Yes. There will be choral music at the ceremony
  8. No. I don't know the honeymoon plans. That's Rich's task. :) I'm happy to be surprised later. Just as long as it's far away and warm. (He knows the criteria)

As you can tell, we still have a LOT of unknowns yet but we're getting lots of help. Fairy Godmother Natalie (http://www.thefrogprince.ca) is simply the BEST! She's really keeping my stress level down. Thanks so much.

I will continue to update the blog regularly. Admittedly not every week (as I'd hoped) but at least every two weeks.

I just wanted to say "THANKS" to everyone who reads this blog and especially to those who have told me so. It means so much to me to know that this iisn't just going into oblivion. I've had such great comments back like "I keep going back to see if you've posted new stuff" and "The stuff you write is just so interesting and the way you write is just so fun. I just have to get my hands on more".

I need to head home and rest for the big Chan Centre concert tomorrow night. Must drink lots of water and no talking. I know it'll be tough for a motor-mouth like me to stay quiet but I'm gonna try.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Again I say, YAY!