Oct 11, 2005

Kathryn Hunt's Metamorphosis (post of email sent Oct 4th)

HM… The math… 11.5 years. All of my twenties. My whole adult life. 1/3 of my entire life. WOW!!!!

Hello Family and Friends, I hope this email finds you well. Richard and I are counting down the days to the wedding.

It’s been a long run for my first job out of school but it’s now come to an end. I was laid off (or let go – whatever you want to call it) last Wednesday from Business Objects. Sorry it took me so long to get a hold of you all but since I had to hand in my laptop and blackberry on the spot, I wasn’t able to get your contact information right away.

Don’t worry. I’m fine. Seriously! I was shocked yes but I’m fine now. When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping and that’s what we did. Got a new laptop (using it right now) and Rich got a new monitor for his computer. Thanks for being so strong for me RW.

The timing is a little strange (with the wedding and the new house) but it’s also quite perfect. Everything else in my life is changing (becoming a wife, name, address, phone numbers, jobs – well, had just started a new role) so why not start fresh all the way?!?!? On my blog, I made a comment about maybe I should get a little plastic surgery and then I could be in Witness Protection. J And even stay in Vancouver but no one would recognize me. I am so looking forward to my first extended break since high school! I’ll be able to put my full attention on the things that matter most: our marriage as well as making this new house of ours into a happy and lovely home.

For those of you that are former or current BOBJ employees, I’m on http://www.linkedin.com as well. (Use any of the addresses above to “invite” me to connect). Any Endorsements would be AWESOME. ; )

Well, I’ve got to get ready for yet another choir rehearsal. (Yes, I’m in yet another choir – first performance is the afternoon of Oct 30th if you’re interested).

Keep in touch!
-Kathryn “Webster” (hehehehehe – counting the days)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we're waiting for some new posts!!!!!