Mar 7, 2006

Carnegie Hall concert in 1 week! Want to hear what we're singing? (concert on March 26th)

First off, if I haven't been in contact lately, please forgive me. Can I get a "Mulligan"?

Life has been pretty crazy since the fall. New house purchase, move-in, house issues (murphy's law of course), lay-offs, wedding, another move, honeymoon, auditions, multiple choirs, contract work (full-time since new year - was only going to take on a 2 week project only for a friend (once) and here I am in March still working - 4 different contracts since). PHEW! I've included you on this email because I want you to know that I'm thinking about you even if I haven't been in contact lately. Drop me a line ANYTIME and I'll make time I promise. I'm just in a situation right now where I don't know where to start. OH YEAH! NEW YORK!!! Good place to start.

I'm getting just SO excited. Only 3 sleeps until we leave for the big apple. Can you believe it? All of my years of singing in community choirs has led to this. I'm gettig to sing in the most "hallowed" of hallowed choral halls on March 13th. I'm getting the opportunity to sing (as part of the Richmond Chorus) at CARNEGIE HALL!!!

Rich (my husband) and both of our mothers are making the trip as well. Plus 2 of my cousins will be there at the concert too.

The works we're singing are by Imant Raminsh (Canadian Composer) who will actually conduct us in NYC.

Since so many people have asked to hear what we're going to perform, there will be a concert of ALL CANADIAN music on Sunday March 26th at 3pm at Fraserview Church in Richmond (Cambie and Shell Rd). Tickets are 15$.




There will be LOTS of other pieces of music too that you will recognize (Four Strong Winds, We Rise Again etc...). Please come and support our association (http://www.roca.ca/).

If you would like tickets, please let me know ASAP so that I can get some put aside for you. I'm pretty sure this will be a sell-out or pretty close. If you don't know yet, don't worry, just tell me when you can. (Last time I can pick up tickets is the Tuesday after St. Patrick's day.

No comments: