Jul 9, 2008

Brassingtons: The Next Generation

Well, it's official. The Brassington Cousins (my generation) is officially procreating at a faster rate than our parents. To be honest, I never thought we'd even match it let alone supercede it. WOW!

The frontiersmen in this arena are Jodi and Mark with Seb and MaKayla. They were the ones that forged ahead and paved the way for the rest of us.

Now, here is the story of a twelve month period between March 2008 and February 2009:

- March 2008 - Angela was born
- August 2008 - baby Ruus is expected to Dawn and Marc
- November 2008 - baby boy Smoot is expected to Leiana and Kevin
- Febrary 2009 - baby Lees is expected to Liz and Brad

SHEESH! And as Liz pointed out today... It could EASILY be 6 kids in 18 months... With the recent nuptials of my brother David to Michelle and to the upcoming wedding of Anne-Marie to Brent in Mexico.

If I remember correctly of how we cousins came to be, it was essentially 1 per year in the family with a few exceptions (and some gaps).

We've really outdone ourselves as Brassingtons eh? I was thinking, perhaps we need to create a group on facebook called "The Brassington Mommies" for all of us new moms (that includes you too Jodi ) and mommies-to-be.

I think hand-me-downs are going to start circulating again through the families. I'm already starting to pack up some of Angela's stuff. I've packed gender neutral separate from girl stuff. Sorry Leiana, you're outta luck due to location and in the fact that I'm guessing that your boy is not going to be wearing pink much. ;) unless it's the color of a team jersey or some such necessity.

Do you think we should start a facebook group mommies? Let me know. ;)

Well, here is to ALL the Brassington mommies out there. Including our own moms and our wonderful Gramma Betty Brassington who was our wonderful and loving and sweetheart of a matriarch to the Vancouver Brassington Clan.

(Thanks go to Liz as well for letting me know that yes, people do read this and enjoy it. She gave me the smile to write today).

Now, back to baby Angela. She just woke up and needs some food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! Lets start a face book page...and I was thinking in 5-6 years we should try to plan a big trip to disneyland just like we did with grandma and grandpa and one cousin each. I think lizzy went with aunty june & fam, but dawn was there so there was a cousin present even in that trip. Boy, I bet grandma and grandpa are having a ball up there laughing at how quick we are all having babies and at the rate all of their children are becoming grandparents!

Great blog page Kat! Now get to work on face book :)

Leiana