Mar 16, 2009

Today and What Could Have Been

Yesterday was our girl lil'A's birthday. Her big #1. We had a nice family party for her. Waiting for all the photos to come in to show you. Not today unfortunately.

But, today..... What is today....

It could have been one of two things. Either our great days here at home having fun with our furry friends named Goldie, Hipster, Bipster, Ty, and Pooh-bear and be off EI..... OR back to the usual grind at the office after a 15 month hiatus.

Well the choice was clear pretty much from the beginning - once I was sleeping through the night.

EI has ended and I am now unemployed. But I also have other titles:
- Unemployed (as mentioned above)
- Stay at Home Mom
- Housewife
- Mummy (the most important of them all)

I never would have guessed about 5.5 years ago this would be my life. If Richard hadn't started a single email thread and then asked me about Paris at a Christmas send-off dinner this never would have happened. The thing that sealed the deal was after our corporate Christmas party that I sang at (with a fake nose pierce - which he thought looked "goooood"), he walked me all the way home to Yaletown in the rain and then walked himself all the Coal Harbour at 2.30 in the morning.
I thought I would be a lady of independent means for a long time. Yaletown chick as we used to joke. But no more. Now I've got the best job I could ever imagine. Being married to my true soul-mate and having the best opportunity to play and learn with our little miracle.
This is definitely a day of thanksgiving,

No comments: