Jun 20, 2005

WOW! They Like Me! They Really Like Me!

Saturday was a major turning point for me emotionally. Big Engagement Party that Rich's family and friends on that side put on.

I was so nervous that I was sick to my stomach starting that afternoon. Couldn't stand up without shaking and this is just the engagement party!!! I'm gonna be a wreck on the wedding day if I don't get the nerves under control.

Marg (Rich's Aunt) came down from Kelowna for this. Completely surprised us! Wonderful surprise! So glad you came Marg. So good to see you!

Glen (Rich's dad) made a BEAUTIFUL toast. It was so hard not to get emotional with everything going on. My mom made the most amazing Big Ben tealight candle holder. It is stained glass. Absolutely beautiful! It was even set to 10 o'clock (the time that Rich proposed).

Mary and Dave Gates (family friends) were so generous to provide their home etc for this lovely event and I would like to thank them for their incredible contribution. The food was amazing. (Thanks Glen/Bev and Carol/Gary).

Thanks Sandra for doing the Maid of Honour duties of writing everything down! You are AWESOME! (BTW, Sandra is also blogging. You can check her blog out at http://lifeofsandra.blogspot.com).

An interesting factoid was that Lori (Glen's cousin) works with my godmother Janice. They saw each other at the party and you can imagine the "Small World" comments that occurred.

Thank you all for coming to the party. And for all you did. I know I don't know what each and every one of you did. We are both so grateful.

I can't express how wonderful and special I feel! You brought tears to my eyes. (But I made sure I waited until we drove away before I let the waterworks start).

October 22nd is fast approaching. So many things left to do.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Silly nervous Kat. Everyone likes you. I've never heard any different. Glad that Rich's family confirmed it with cake though!