Jun 12, 2007

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Well, It's been just over two weeks since returning to my old stomping ground here in the work world. Some things never change. Like projects leaving the crucial pieces (like the stuff I work on) until the project is practically due. We have to make something up for release in next to no time. Talk about using your creative juices.

This project is a little more difficult for me as I'm not doing report design. I'm actually critiquing another team's report design progress. I'll be reviewing their material, training them in new techniques and providing them with the estimates to which they will adhere for payment. (They've been significantly over-estimating their hours up to now).

I feel like a lot of responsibility has been placed upon my shoulders. It feels nice to be needed like this but it's also a little unnerving.

First thing I'm doing is making them learn Crystal Reports by reading my book. HAHAHAHA. It's now a requirement before they begin.

No comments: