May 20, 2009

Concert June 6 - American Sampler

Last year, the Richmond Orchestra & Chorus Association did a final concert called Glorious and Free (all Canadian works) so this year, it only makes sense that with this inspiring year in the USA with the voting in of a new President, that ROCA is doing an American themed "American Sampler".


This is a one-time concert with both the Chorus and the Orchestra together.

I'm very excited personally as I have the privilege to sing 2 solos. Not as long as the one at Christmas but both are polar opposites.
The whole concert is like that: Route 66 to Georgia on my Mind to Bridge Over Troubled Water, to Porgy and Bess. You get the drift.
We are also doing a silent auction that I'm providing at least 2 items to. I would love to have family and friends in the audience for this since I'm singing solo. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in attending. I can get tickets for you directly. Even if I don't see you beforehand, I can get them set up at "Will Call".
This will be a much more "fun" concert than many of our others. Come and enjoy.

No comments: