Dec 17, 2007

On Medical Leave and Taking it Easy

Today is the first day of medical leave for me. The doctors have requested that I go on leave for 3 months to get my things in order in time for the baby's arrival.

I know some people have been worried about me lately but know that I'm fine. Work has been a very big stresser in my life and the doctors wanted me to get out of that situation sooner than we had thought.

Hormones have been playing a big part in my mood levels of late. Not able to concentrate or remember a whole lot. I didn't really believe in that phenomenon before. Now I'm a believer. The doctors have been watching me very closely and I've got appointments every week (if not 2 per week).

Diabetes test is up next. Took the initial test and the sugar level in my blood was high. Tomorrow I go in for the 3 hour test which is called a confirmation test for gestational diabetes. I have to sit in the waiting room for 3 hours after drinking the orange drink. Good thing I have our Nintendo DS Lite to play one while I wait. Then another blood test.

Hopefully this week will allow me some time to get prepared for the holidays. It's been incredibly rushed up until now. Just being able to check work at the door has taken a whole load off my shoulders. What a relief.

Thanks for all your concern and good thoughts. They mean so much to us.

1 comment:

Marni said...

I am glad to hear you are on leave. The best thing you can do right now is rest. Good luck on the GD test. I failed miserably with both pregnancies and was insulin with Tristan. If you do end up being treated for GD, don't worry, it's not that bad.
Put your feet up, relax and sleep!!! Let Packers and Rich take care of you.
Glad to hear you are being monitored closely. If you go for non-stress tests, just think of it as an hour every time to listen to your little baby's heart beat.I usually fell asleep!