Apr 29, 2009

What a Week It's Been for the Hunts

WOW! I don't think I can make this into a story so point form it is:
  • My sister-in-law Jodi went to the ER last Wednesday with abdominal pain and was admitted.
  • Mom (Gramma) went to Calgary on Saturday to take care of the kids while Jodi was in the hospital and my brother Mark who does shift-type work (or something like that).
  • Jodi has abdominal surgery pretty much at the same time as Mark was picking up my Mom at the airport.
  • Jodi stayed in the hospital to rest until this Saturday.
  • Saturday evening sometime, Mom "wrecked" her hip.
  • Called (as with every other day to Calgary while Mom was there) on Sunday mid-day to see how things are going. Mom says, "Jodi is home and btw, I wrecked my hip, I think". And all I can say is "And WHY am I talking to you right now???? Why are you not at the hospital???" Next thing, Jodi calls to say she went.
  • Mom was back in Vancouver on the same day and straight to VGH. Admitted in the wee hours of the morning - Thanks so much to Michelle and David for 24 hours of PURE patience and help!
  • Our friend Imelda was returning from Rome via London on Sunday but she never arrived. Missed her flight (but that info was on Mom's answering machine which we couldn't access). Went back the next day to pick up up and to give her the play-by-play of the Mom situ.
  • Mom is getting emergency hip surgery tomorrow afternoon sometime.
On a completely DIFFERENT note... I now am an agent for Lovable Labels. It's a Canadian company that specializes in keeping kids' belongings with the kids by labelling them in cool ways.

Check out my site at http://kat.lovablelabels.ca

No comments: